Watching all the football and visiting here in "SEC Country" reminds me just how crazy some folks are about "The Team". (doesn't really make any difference what team -The Team - is. Seeing excitement in action has me thinking "what if?"
- What if we were as excited about going about doing things for others as we are about our team winning the Orange Punch Bowl?
- What if we were just as excited about sharing Jesus with somebody as we were talking about our team's bowl performance?
- What if we decided that people are more important than an accumulation of stuff?
- What if we decided that we were going to trust God when he said that we don't need to worry?
- What if we actually lived lives like we were the person that we want others to believe we are?
- What if we decided to share the new clothes with others and keep the used ones for a while longer?
- What if we kept the car for another year and spent the $500 a month feeding hungry kids?
- What if we decided to love others - even when they don't love back?
- What if we decided to go for a year without using the word HATE - especially when it involves another person?
- What if we decided that we will no longer say anything bad about anybody - even when we know that they are saying bad things about us.
- What if they know we are believers because of our love and our actions?
Happy New Year,