Monday, September 10, 2007

10 Days

In 10 days I'll finally be Honduras. I will be travelling on the 20th of September and Terri will be down a week later. The house is almost completely empty and we are both excited to be at this point of the move. As soon as Terri arrives, we will be heading off to Copan for a couple of weeks of language school and to attend a conference for medical and children's mission work that focuses on Honduras. There will be about 120 to 15o folks attending the conference. I will be speaking at the conference on the second day - please pray for that.
Before we leave, we are going to head to TX so that we can meet with the AIM - Adventures In Missions class of 2008. That will also give me a chance to see the folks and my brother before I head out next week.
Terri & I have been truly blessed by a bunch of people and congregations that have made it possible for us to go to Honduras to serve. I am amazed at how our God has put all of this together and how he has introduced us to so many wonderful people that have stepped up to join our team. Our God is Good - All the time.
Just one example of this happened yesterday. I was asked to speak to the Central Church of Christ (what a great bunch of Christians) and after the lesson was approched by a man that tells me that he wants to help build a new church building. It was just last week that I began to discuss the potential of a church plant in a community called Rio Hondo and now - the answer seems to be clear - The man from Topeka said that they would likely write the check before the end of the year. That is pretty exciting isn't it.
I will update the work in Honduras as soon as I land next week.
Blessings,
Marc

No comments: